Making dentistry better
We have invested and access to the dental technology to give Heim Dental patients the best possible experience and care. We believe this commitment to technology helps set us apart from other dental offices.
- Our dentist uses dental X-rays to better understand your dental needs and treat them accordingly. At Jay R. Heim, DDS, we utilize digital panorex machines, digital X-rays, intraoral X-rays, and extraoral X-rays to look closely at your teeth and develop an appropriate treatment plan for you. For more information about dental X-rays in Highlands Ranch, Colorado, and to make your appointment with Dr. Jay R. Heim, call our office today! 303-791-2570
- Digital X-rays are one of the advanced diagnostic tools we use to provide you with the best possible care. Digital radiography has changed the way we take dental X-rays by making the process faster, more comfortable, and more convenient than ever before. Digital X-rays use a digital sensor to take images of your teeth, unlike traditional X-rays that use film. Digital X-rays use significantly less radiation than conventional film X-rays, and they require the use of no chemicals for developing the images. Our dentist can then instantly view the high-quality images on monitors right in the treatment room to provide you with efficient, accurate diagnoses and care. Our team is able to use digital radiography to identify and diagnose several types of dental problems, such as:
- Decay in between teeth
- Developmental abnormalities
- Improper tooth root positioning
- Cysts and abscesses
- Fractures in existing fillings
- Infection in the tooth nerves
- Bone loss
We may also use digital dental X-rays to plan certain kinds of dental treatment, such as oral surgery procedures, root canal treatment, dental implants, and more. To learn more about digital radiography and how we use X-rays at our office, we welcome you to call or visit us soon.
- Do you wake up with a headache or a sore jaw? Have fractures mysteriously appeared in your teeth? If so, then you may be grinding your teeth at night. Fortunately, Dr. Jay R. Heim and our team have a solution! We are proud to provide custom night guards that protect your teeth and maintain your beautiful smile while you sleep. Contact our office today to schedule your appointment with our dentist and to learn more about custom night guards in Highlands Ranch, Colorado.
- A night guard is a special type of mouth guard that is used to treat bruxism, or teeth grinding and clenching. If our dentist suspects that you suffer from bruxism, we may recommend a night guard to protect your teeth from damage and prevent teeth grinding while you sleep. Many people who suffer from bruxism are unaware of the condition because it occurs while they sleep. Common signs of nighttime teeth clenching and grinding include:
- Chronic jaw pain, facial pain, and ear pain
- Awakening with a tired or tight feeling in the jaw
- Frequent tension headaches and migraines
- Excessive tooth wear, leading to chipped, flattened, cracked, or very worn teeth
- Extremely worn tooth enamel, exposing the inner layers of the tooth
- Indentations on the side of the tongue
- Increased tooth sensitivity
If you notice the signs of bruxism, you may benefit from a custom night guard. This night guard will be custom made to fit your smile comfortably and effectively, allowing you to sleep peacefully while protecting your smile. We invite you to contact us today 303-791-2570 to learn more about night guards and how we can prevent teeth grinding.
We are dedicated to providing the best possible care for your smile.