Dr. Jay R. Heim and our amazing team advocate preventative dental care, and while we offer regular dental exams and cleanings, practicing good dental hygiene at home can make a world of difference. Brushing and flossing your teeth daily prevents many painful problems down the road such as cavities, gum disease, and other conditions. If you have any questions about dental hygiene in Highlands Ranch, Colorado, please contact our office today (303) 791-2570.
During your time at Heim Dental, our team works hard to improve your oral health. It is essential, however, that you continue taking care of your smile at home through consistent oral hygiene. Good dental hygiene includes a number of daily habits and practices that help to keep your smile healthy and bright. Our dentist recommends that you follow these basic steps to help your smile stay in optimal health:
- Brush your teeth after each meal or at least twice a day. We encourage you to use a soft-bristled toothbrush and a toothpaste that includes fluoride.
- Floss at least once every day. The most important time to floss is just before you go to sleep at night.
- Eat a balanced diet. Limit your intake of very sugary and acidic foods to help prevent tooth decay.
- Maintain your regular visits to the dentist every six months. During these visits, we will provide a professional teeth cleaning and a thorough dental exam to make certain we provide any needed preventive or restorative treatments.
- When you visit our dentist and team, we will review your dental hygiene habits with you and offer needed information on any additional steps you can take to further improve your oral health.
To learn more about dental hygiene and to schedule your next dental exam and cleaning appointment at Heim Dental, we welcome you to call (303) 791-2570 or visit us today.